||OPA Merchandising Spring 2013/Brantfortd-Woodstock
||Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Ontario Power Authority – saveONenergyOM Spring Coupon Event Initiative 2013
Merchandising Representative – Contract Full-Time
Locations: Brantford-Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
Summerhill is dedicated to developing, implementing and managing public engagement and market transformation programs that lead to measurable improvements in energy savings.
Currently, we are seeking outgoing, reliable and self-motivated individuals to join our team as Merchandising Representatives to assist retailers in their promotion of the Ontario Power Authority’s (OPA) saveONenergy Spring Event. The objectives of this campaign are to:
• Encourage the purchase and installation of energy-saving products
• Educate and increase retailers’ awareness of energy-saving products
• Promote electrical energy savings to reduce energy demand
Products discounted by the program include CFL’s, LED’s, EnergyStar® light fixtures, dimmer switches, power bars, clotheslines and more.
During this event, Merchandising Representatives will be required to call and/or visit participating retailers to educate and assist retail management and associates with energy efficient products featured in the program, as well as how to merchandise their stores for the program to meet the OPA’s requirements. Once the event is underway, Merchandising Representatives will visit participating retailers and evaluate their participation in the initiative. Daily online reporting is required.
Merchandising Representatives will work independently in an assigned geographical area.
- Orientation package (representatives will be emailed the presentation and are required to review it before the training)
- In-person training (mandatory for representatives that are within traveling distance to the Summerhill Office/GTA) on the week of March 11th, time and date to be determined
- 2 Webinar/conference call trainings (for those representatives that are unable to attend the in-person training due to distance) on the week of March 11th, time and date to be determined
Program Schedule (*please note, event hours will vary by territory):
March 19 – 22: Complete store calls to arrange visits.
March 22, 25 - 28: Initial store visits – introduce yourself and the program, ensure materials have been received, encourage associates to complete online training, etc.
April 1 – 5, 9, 10: First event visits – complete compliance evaluation, provide missing materials, as well as daily online reporting.
April 11 - 26: Second event visits – return to stores that were found non-compliant. Each store gets a maximum of 3 event visits. Continue daily reporting.
• Communicate effectively with retailer store management and staff prior to and during event weeks to arrange visit times and visit contacts for store visits
• Independently visit a retail locations within a specified region to confirm display of promotional materials
• Assist retailers in installing promotional materials, if required
• Ensure that store employees understand their roles and responsibilities within the program (ie – how to process coupons at the store level)
• Document store compliance of promotional materials – complete a checklist and take digital photos
• Daily reporting is mandatory
• Complete all shifts as outlined
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong communication skills
• Detail-oriented, punctual, conscientious, reliable and able to work independently
• Outgoing and positive personality – must be able to engage retail management and store staff if required
• Have a friendly and professional manner and appearance
• Have high-speed internet access (high-speed users will have easier access to online training and reporting)
• Have access to a reliable vehicle
• Possess a background in Environment, or have a strong interest in energy conservation
• Retail merchandising experience is considered an asset
• Reporting is a key component of this event – all representatives MUST be able to complete daily staffing and event documents using MS Word, Excel, and/or online modules
• Submission of merchandising photos - Have access to a digital camera
• Have access to a mobile phone, Smartphones preferred as some reporting may be done online while in the field
Type of Employment: Full-time, Contract
Salary Range: $15/hour
Mileage: Reimbursement is paid out at $0.48/km. A Google map of your route on each event day is required in order to be compensated. Summerhill holds the right to withhold mileage expenses claimed from rep(s) that do not fulfill their reporting requirements on time and accurately.
Job Contact Information: Please send an updated cover letter and resume along with your top preferred regions (see below), to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
30 Commercial Rd.