||Director of Sales and Business Development
||New York, USA
Our client, a leading provider of interpretative content and mobile technologies for museums, cultural institutions and tourist attractions, is seeking a Director of Sales and Business Development to join their team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of the U.S. subsidiary, the Director will oversee all sales and business development activities for the North American market.
The Director of Sales and Business Development is responsible for directing the building of a pipeline of new business, negotiating contracts and closing proposed business, delivering exceptional products for clients on time and on budget, maintaining strong relationships with museums and cultural institutions, understanding and implementing new mobile technologies and trends in the industry, and building the company’s brand across existing and emerging platforms.
• Manage and lead Sales team by providing direction, guidance and priorities
• Maintain high client service standards in delivery of all products
• Develop and realize annual sales plan
• Proactively generate leads for new business through research and outreach
• Negotiate and close contracts with clients
• Introduce new products and services to existing clients
• Understand and implement existing contracts and budgets
• Supervise fulfillment of superior creative, technological and financial services
• Interact closely with Creative Department regarding client expectations, budgets, timelines, etc.
• Represent the company at select industry conferences
• Produce mass communications to client base, including e-blasts, newsletters, press releases, etc.
• At least 5 years of sales management experience
• A deep knowledge and interest in museums, cultural institutions, tourist sites is preferred; tour & travel industry knowledge and existing relationships in that fields are desirable
• Understanding of and proficiency with wide variety of technologies, including mobile platforms, social networks and multimedia creation tools
• Working knowledge of Salesforce, Basecamp, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Adobe Software Suite
• High comfort level and demonstrated experience with technology and digital media, including Apple and Android handheld devices, smartphone applications, CMS platforms
• Extremely strong writing and communication skills.
• Ability to create and deliver effective business presentations to senior-level client prospects
• Experience negotiating contracts and business terms preferred
• Travel required
Ideal candidate should be confident and well-spoken; have outstanding organization and interpersonal communications skills; strong attention to detail, quality control and client satisfaction; the ability to prioritize multiple projects and effectively problem-solve to meet deadlines.