||Network Team Lead - Cisco / Firewalls / CCNP
||Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Network Team Lead - Cisco / Firewalls / CCNP
The Network Team Lead will be responsible for directing the day to day activities of second tier operations personnel, as well as to provide third tier escalation support of a variety of networking and security technologies. This person will assist in defining key processes and procedures for the networking and security functional areas, as well as formalizing documentation for those environments.
The team lead will work with customers throughout the sales and implementation process to create network and security solutions that meet specified requirements. They will ensure quality assurance activity on all customer installations. The Network Team Lead will organize and participate in an on-call rotation to provide after-hours support.
Network Team Lead Requirements:
8+ years experience with Core Networking (BGP, OSPF, etc.) in a high
8+ availability data center environment years experience managing
8+ Firewalls (Check Point, Netscreen, Cisco, etc.)
3+ years experience with Load Balancing (F5 BigIP preferably)
8+ years experience with Cisco Hardware (ASR, Nexus, 7600/6500)
1+ years experience leading a team of technical resources
5+ years experience writing technical documentation
Current Cisco Certification (CCIP or CCNP Preferred)
Network Team Lead Core responsibilities:
• Leads a team of Network Engineers providing the installation, configuration and support of core network infrastructure, managed firewalls and switches, and other network and security related devices.
• Coordinate Network team tasks and provide weekly status reports detailing team activities and productivity metrics.
• Build processes, procedures, and documentation to ensure high quality customer support
• Oversee support of production operations infrastructures for internal and external customers
• Work with sales and project management staff to execute on customer installs
• Provide expert level escalation and technical leadership.
• Large scale multi-site data center networking technologies (Cisco ASR, Cisco Nexus, Cisco 7600, Cisco 6500 platforms)
• Cisco IOS and NX-OS network operating systems
• BGP and OSPF in a service provider environment utilizing multiple carriers
• Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Juniper SSG/ISG, Check Point, OpenBSD)
• VPN and other security related technologies (IPSEC VPN, remote access VPN, IDS, IPS, etc.)
• Shell Scripting
• Load balancing technologies (F5 LTM, F5 GTM, Cisco ACE)
• Owns the network and security infrastructure including capacity, performance, and spares planning
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://raleigh.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: