||SQL Database Developer / DBA - (ETL, DDL, SQL Server)
||Chicago, Illinois, USA
Chicago-Naperville-Joliet, Illinois, USA
SQL Database Developer / DBA - (ETL, DDL, SQL Server)
Contract to Perm
Veredus Chicago is seeking a talented and motivated individual to provide database design, performance tuning and Database Definition Language (DDL) support to our client's development team across all solutions.
SQL Database Developer / DBA Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or 7+ years of related work experience.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and understand issues and resolve customer and team members inquiries quickly and effectively;
· Demonstrated advanced skills with Microsoft SQL Server including design, ETL, DDL, troubleshooting, performance tuning.
· Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other proprietary software);
· Superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals;
· Ability to learn and master new Software packages, Software Versions and programming languages as needed;
· Strong attention to detail.
SQL Database Developer / DBA Responsibilities:
· Developing solutions required for B2B and B2C integration projects including database schema, stored procedures, performance tuning.
· Additional responsibilities over time include web and client/server application development possibilities as roles and responsibilities grow.
· Successful delivery of solution components (business requirements, design specifications, functional specifications, development, testing, deployment, product support for developed solutions).
· Document all development efforts. This will include design, code and testing plans.
· Ability to communicate quickly and effectively with team members on design concerns, functionality specifications, bottlenecks, and development status updates.
· Ability to quickly identify and resolve identified product issues relating to database queries and performance.
· Ability to work closely with team members and other functional organizations.
· Assuring the overall technical quality of the solution.
· Documenting developed solutions “as built” for knowledge base.
· Mentor junior team members on database skills and provide help and direction for those team members when needed.
· Provide database scripts that will be used for testing, demo’s and deployment of solutions developed.
· Establish and document standards and methodologies for database related development within the company and assist team members in understanding and adhering to them.
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://chicago.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends—who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
• Medical Benefits
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Dental Benefits
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as “Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011” by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey