||SQL Data Base Administrator (DBA)
||$80,000.00 - $90,000.00
||Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida, USA
SQL Data Base Administrator (DBA)
An eCommerce solutions company providing software and services is seeking a SQL DBA. The Data Base Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives. Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment. Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment. Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
SQL DBA Requirements:
· 3-5 years Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008 experience
· Minimum of 3-6 years of experience building system solutions, working as a member of a multidiscipline team, utilizing formal development methodologies.
· Minimum of 3-6 years of experience in Data Analysis, Database Administration, or Database Replication in a high volume multi-platform transactional environment; experience with data warehousing technologies is desirable.
· Minimum of 3-6 years of development and enforcement of data management policies, standards, and procedures.
· Conceptual knowledge of project management techniques is required.
SQL DBA Job Duties:
· Works under close supervision from senior technical staff, on occasion working independently.
· Maintains system level entity relationship diagrams, translates business requirements into transactional database schema designs, assesses the appropriateness of replicated data, and verifies compatibility of database tool and application software packages with existing database architectures and standards.
· Maintains meta data, administers the development and staging environments data repository, determines data types, optimizes the physical database design for the specific DBMS, and approves schema changes, call patterns, and SQL code.
· Codes and installs changes to the database schema, stored procedures, and replication processes utilizing DBMS- or package-specific techniques as appropriate.
· Develops and executes procedures to validate changes to the database infrastructure.
· Prepares required documentation and participates in change control, works with production database administrators to migrate schema and stored procedure changes to Production and participates in the verification processes.
· Responsible for the modeling, definition, creation, and maintenance of the database resource.
· Works closely with a team of developers and is involved in design decisions.
· Provides developers consulting on performance and optimizing SQL scripts.
· Creates or reviews data models.
· Reviews and tests new technologies and architectures that support and are aligned with applications
SQL DBA Pluses:
· Advanced knowledge of writing SQL scripts
· Experienced in data modeling.
· Exposure to UML or other associated object orientated design methodologies.
· Demonstrates a strong understanding of the database development life cycle including data modeling, database coding, testing, and implementation.
· Strong experience of relational databases, backup and restore operations, DB logins/permissions, stored procedures, schema, triggers, database maintenance activity, etc.
· SSIS development
· N-tier Architecture
· Remote Procedure Calls (RPC), store procedures
Follow us on our BLOG to see all our open jobs: http://national.vereduscorp.com
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends - who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides full benefits starting Day 1, and at virtually no cost to you.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP - Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.