||Help Desk/Technical Support
||Tier I Technician - TCP/IP / DNS
||Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Tier I Technician - TCP/IP / DNS
Contract to Perm
The Tier 1 Support Technician is charged with providing Tier 1 level customer technical assistance and account support at the 24x7x365 Central Network Operations Center. Responsibilities include customer support, initial troubleshooting, incident escalation, managing the ticket life cycle, and owning internal and external customer communication.
Tier I Technician Accountability / Responsibility:
• Work with the ticketing system, be the customer liaison for Tier 2, and be the main contact for the customer throughout the ticket cycle.
• Working with a team in a NOC environment ensuring SLA’s are met in response to events and customer requests.
• Conduct customer follow up to ensure customer support requests have been completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Communicate and coordinate with third party Support and Network Operations Centers.
• Respond to events generated by monitoring systems, perform trouble analysis, and perform level one troubleshooting.
Tier I Technician Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• In process of obtaining a Technical degree, 2-year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experience may substitute for degree
• 1 year related work experience preferred or technical training equivalent
• Successfully complete internal training certification programs with within designated timeframes
• Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
• Must be reliable and punctual – critical that this position is covered at all scheduled times
• Must be available to work all shifts if coverage gaps arise
• Proven ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others as well as independently
• Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
• A general understanding of TCP/IP principles, DNS, user level experience with at least one Operating System and general computer system hardware setup and troubleshooting skills
• Maintain professional communications with clients at all time
• Able to multitask while effectively responding to critical severity situations
• Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://raleigh.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends—who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
• Medical Benefits
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Dental Benefits
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as “Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011” by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: