||Data Architect SQL Server
||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Data Architect SQL Server
Dania Beach, FL
The Data Architect SQL Server will work as part of the Information Architecture and BI team to establish best practices and guidelines for selecting, developing, and implementing information systems. The Data Architect will design strategies for enterprise database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security.
The role will design and construct large relational databases, integrate new systems with existing databases and refine system performance and functionality. The Data Architect will develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures and develop or maintain archived procedures, procedural codes, or queries for applications.
Data Architect SQL Server FORMAL KNOWLEDGE:
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field of engineering
• Minimum of 15 years of experience, minimum of 10 years in IT related fields
• Minimum of 7 years of IT Information Architecture experience
Data Architect SQL Server MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the overall design of the enterprise-wide data/information architecture, which maps to the enterprise architecture and balances the need for access against security and performance requirements.
• Knowledgeable in most aspects of designing and constructing data architectures, operational data stores, and data marts.
• Focuses on enterprise-wide data modeling and database design.
• Defines data/information architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects.
• Facilitates consistent business analysis, data acquisition and access analysis and design, Database Management Systems optimization, archiving and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security and change management at the enterprise level.
• Translates strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture, which may
• include an enterprise data model, associated metamodel, common business vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies to be used to guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio. Develops a metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise information architecture project artifacts.
• Ensures existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
• Requires an understanding of emerging regulatory issues (e.g., consumer privacy laws, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines such as HIPAA) to develop internal and external checks and controls to ensure proper governance, security and quality of information assets.
Data Architect SQL Server SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• 10+ years experience with Entity Framework is required
• Strong familiarity with SQL is required
• Experience of traditional data access techniques such as ADO.NET is required
• Experience with SQL Server 2008 is highly desired
• Experience in large agile/scrum teams using TFS and SharePoint
• Solid understanding of the software development process and experience working on agile teams.
• Experience leading a small team in a distributed team model leveraging resources that are offshore and/or outsourced
• Broad and Deep technical knowledge of program interfaces, services, databases, messaging, files systems, and other program objects.
• Preferred: WPF, WCF, and Visual Studio/TFS
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://miami.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: