||Information Security Specialist - NIST / CISSP / ISSO
||$105,000.00 - $105,000.00
||Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota, USA
Information Security Specialist - NIST / CISSP / ISSO
Contract to Perm
Information Security Specialist Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or similar engineering discipline or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the roles and responsibilities.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following NIST Special Publications: 800-12, 800-14, 800-18, 800-30, 800-34, 800-37, 800-39, 800-53, 800-53A, 800-61, 800-64, 800-95, 800-100, 800-122
• Knowledge of FIPS Publication 199
Information Security Specialist Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation (C&A) guidance.
• Facilitate initial briefings and subsequent meetings of the C&A core team.
• Coordinate the completion of a Business Impact Assessment (BIA) per the guidelines of USPS Handbook AS-805 Information Security for each information resource.
• Work with the Privacy Office on privacy-related requirements.
• Recommend security requirements to executive sponsors and portfolio managers during the BIA process based on generally accepted industry practices, the operating environment [e.g., hosted in the de-militarized zone (DMZ)], and the risks associated with the information resource.
• Provide guidance on how information resources are vulnerable to threats, what controls and countermeasures may be appropriate, and the C&A process.
• Review and evaluate C&A documentation, including the BIA, Risk Assessment, Security Plan, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) plan and report, and independent reviews of the information resource.
• Prepare the C&A Evaluation Report.
• Escalate security concerns or forward the C&A Evaluation Report and supporting C&A documentation package to the certifier.
• Work with the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to complete C&A artifacts and sending the other required artifacts (e.g., Technical Architecture Diagram (TAD) and security specifications for procurements) to the ISSO.
Information Security Specialist Preferred Qualifications:
• Direct experience with any of the following Certification and Accreditation (C&A) programs/processes
a) National Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIACAP)
b) Department of Defense Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP)
c) Systems Security Certification and Accreditation (C&A) within the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) for Defense-in-Depth
d) Certification and Accreditation Process for Certifiers—Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
• Knowledge of one or more of the following NIST Special Publications: 800-13, 800-21, 800-25, 800-28, 800-32, 800-40, 800-41, 800-44, 800-45, 800-46, 800-47, 800-48, 800-51, 800-57, 800-60, 800-63, 800-88, 800-92, 800-94, 800-111, 800-114, 800-115, 800-121, and 800-123
• Knowledge of one or more of the following FIPS Publications: 180-3, 186-2, 190, 196, 197, and 198
• One or more of the following credentials:
a) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
b) Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
c) Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: