||eCommerce Release Manager
||$80,000.00 - $88,000.00
||Richmond, Virginia, USA
eCommerce Release Manager
Contract to Perm
The eCommerce Release Manager is responsible for defining the Configuration Management (CM) and Release Management (RM) processes, procedures, and best practices; recommending improvements in the use of new CM & RM tools; and overseeing the builds and releases in all controlled environments.
eCommerce Release Manager Requires:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5 years of managing Change and Release Management teams.
• Thorough knowledge of Change and Release Management based on industry best practices.
• Experience with Software Configuration Management tools and leading technology related projects including but not limited to those involving Network, Telecom, Applications, and Infrastructure.
eCommerce Release Manager Duties:
• Establishes source code control and release strategies (development releases, fix releases, etc.
• Oversees content of builds and releases as appropriate.
• Directs the build and deployment resources for specific build activities.
• Implements code control mechanisms.
• Works with infrastructure team for deployment needs.
• Leads the CM code release effort by working with development and other technical teams to put standards and documentation in place for each application.
• Identifies process issues and recommends corrective action.
• Contributes to or prepares management and/or metrics reporting and audits findings.
• Establishes, maintains and enhances the configuration management environment to enable parallel software development for multiple teams.
• Lead the organization with the use of efficient and repeatable processes through the lifecycle of idea-to-reality.
• Provide clear instructions and direction to team members given expertise and knowledge of the CM and RM disciplines and best practices.
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://richmond.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends—who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
• Medical Benefits
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Dental Benefits
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as “Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011” by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: