||Systems Administrator - Linux / Red Hat / VMware
||Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Systems Administrator - Linux / Red Hat / VMware
The qualified Systems Administrator candidate for this position will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as the technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of systems requirements and develop system specifications. Provides project leadership and management.
Systems Administrator Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics or equivalent. Applicants may substitute additional relevant experience for the required education.
• At least 5 years of experience working with enterprise computer networks or in a data center is required. Applicants may substitute additional relevant education for the required experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6, VMware 4/5, NetApp ONTAP 7/8, Microsoft Office,
Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010, Microsoft Windows Infrastructure, EMC Source One for Exchange, Cisco TelePresence Infrastructure, Cisco Unified Computing Systems, CommVault Simpana software, or equivalent.
• Individual should have knowledge of project management methodology and be able to lead projects. PMP certification is preferred (not required).
Systems Administrator Certifications, License, Registrations:
• RHCE, MCSE, CCNA, PMP, MCP, VCAP-DCA, VCAP-DCD, VCAP-CID, NCIE, CCNP Data Center, ITIL
Systems Administrator Key Responsibilities:
• Provides tiered Infrastructure support
• Manages infrastructure related projects
• Trains, mentors, and coaches systems administrators
• Provides tiered Infrastructure support
• Installs, configures, maintains, and updates hardware and software in a heterogeneous network consisting of Microsoft Windows Server, Redhat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX server, Netapp FAS, and Cisco
• Designs, deploys, and supports end-to end cloud infrastructure architecture
• Creates, deletes, modifies, and maintains Infrastructure user accounts
• Manages daily system operations: verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server and storage resources, and key processes
• Oversees and/or perform logical security log reviews for audit compliance. Detects, reports, and escalates anomalies
• Develops and maintains procedures and documentation for data protection: backup and recovery
• Develops advanced implementation plans, custom scripts, and test procedures to ensure operational reliability
• Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical infrastructure resources
• Manages the data center, servers, and enterprise storage.
• Performs troubleshooting as required
• Forecasts recommends, and implements capacity planning
• Shares/rotates responsibility for responding to afterhours alerts from monitoring systems
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://raleigh.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: