||SQL DBA Manager
||$90,000.00 - $110,000.00
||Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota, USA
Contract to Perm
Mendota Heights, MN
SQL DBA RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. General understanding SQL Server replication implementation.
2. Understand database backup and recovery strategies, with focus on PIT (Point in Time) recovery.
3. Assist management with database and resource capacity planning.
4. General understand of security using proven methodologies.
5. Train with development staff debugging and optimization of SQL queries and stored procedures.
6. Work with DBA staff to understand database performance tuning and upgrades, including: monitoring and evaluation of all database patches and service packs.
7. Learn to manage database import / export processes used to populate test databases and global data marts.
8. Learn/Understand Transact SQL and stored procedure development.
9. Train to research problems and be able to recommend corrective actions.
10. Providing on call support to the IT customer base.
SQL DBA QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Degree in computer science or related field, 1-2 or more years of relevant industry experience.
2. 1-2 or more years of experience with either MS SQL Server 7.0, MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008. Experience with an additional RDMS (experience with Sybase) is a plus.
3. A general understanding of SQL Server replication and associated technology.
4. Limited experience/understanding of MS SQL Server backup and recovery techniques in a VLDB (Very Large Database) environment.
5. Ability to learn SQL Transact SQL. (T-SQL)
6. Ability to learn/manage MS SQL Server Mirroring and log shipping.
7. Ability to learn/manage MS SQL Server DTS/SSIS.
8. A general understanding of designing and implementing data warehouses and MS SQL OLAP services.
9. An understanding and/or exposure to troubleshooting and general techniques to resolve database problems.
10. Limited understanding of database design practices, including database normalization concepts.
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: