||Monitoring Technician - SCCM / UNIX / PowerShell / SQL
||Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida, USA
Monitoring Technician - SCCM / UNIX / PowerShell / SQL
St. Petersburg, FL
Monitoring Technician KEY SKILLS:
- 5+ years managing an enterprise monitoring environment is required.
- Advanced technical knowledge of server hardware, Operating Systems and applications.
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft System Center, Including SCCM and SCOM
- 5+ years working with UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Advanced skills in Windows, SQL, VBS / PowerShell Scripting and WMI to automate manual tasks.
- Ability to script and pull statistics from multiple systems ie. F5 Load Balancers a plus.
- Ability to write complex SQL/WQL queries.
- Programming background in .NET, C# or C++ technologies is a big plus.
The Monitoring Technician will be accountable to own, manage, and administer various software applications for Serve Virtual Enterprise environment across homogenous systems in the environment. Responsible to develop, implement and manage the IT application support policies, procedures and controls in accordance with acceptable industry standards.
Monitoring Technician DUTIES
· Owns, operates, and maintains the 24 x 7 IT Monitoring application and associated systems.
· Researches and suggests monitoring tools and methods.
· Ability to be the Subject Matter Expert and represent the monitoring team in high level meetings with upper management.
· Troubleshoots monitoring issues as they arise, in order to ensure compliance with agreed upon SLA of the monitoring environment to its end users.
· Partners with Platform team to provide Subject Matter Expert knowledge of SCOM including Agent Health, Management Pack Support and Deployment, Complete administration of SCOM Architecture.
· Partners with Platform team to provide in depth knowledge of SCCM/SMS/ including Client Health, Software Updates Management, and Software Distribution.
· Partners with IT Application developers, DBAs and Systems Administrators to develop end to end monitoring of custom applications and services.
· Partners with Incident Management team to design and implement integrations between Event Management and Incident Management processes and tools.
· Works with Service management and NOC team to develop Standard Operating Procedures and Documentation for the 24 x 7 NOC.
· Responds to new monitoring requests, researches and provides implementation feasibility in order to ensure that a target owner/responsible group has been established and that the request can be integrated successfully.
· Plans and performs maintenance of the monitoring environment during approved downtime periods as well as apply all authorized software upgrades and patches as required.
· Creates and/or maintains documentation as it relates to the system level operation of the monitoring environment and the design of each monitoring application and service (including policy specifications and applicable Service Level Agreements) in order to provide a Knowledge base.
· Produce regular and accurate SLA/KPI management reports on monitored devices and applications.
· Produce regular and accurate capacity and trending management reports on monitored devices and applications.
Provides after hours technical support to the monitoring environment.
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://tampa.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends—who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
• Medical Benefits
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Dental Benefits
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as “Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011” by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: