||Data Network Engineer
||Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas, USA
Data Network Engineer
Data Network Engineer needed for the operation of large Wide Area and Local Area IP Networks. This position will be responsible for supporting large, complex IPv4 & IPv6 Networks based in defined South Area.
Data Network Engineer Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
• Support the RAN (Radio Access Network), WSN (Wireless Services Network), WVN (Wireless Voice Network), EDN (Engineering Data Network) and the IT (Information Technology) Networks
• Configure and support IP routers, Ethernet switches, MPLS routers, and some legacy ATM equipment which will need to be configured to meet customer requirements, network capacity and project demands.
• Provide design input, implement hardware, and provide extensive technical support and documentation for these LAN/WAN networks.
• Audit network elements for alarming, configuration inconsistencies and optimization.
• Perform accurate and timely capacity management for both hardware and circuits
• As internetworking issues are discovered/experienced, proactively provide troubleshooting and offer guidance to Operations teams to resolve these issues.
• Provide 4th tier technical support to Data Operations on all networking issues.
• Strictly adhere to all standards, policies, and procedures
• Provide 24x7 on-call availability and support for the South Area
Data Network Engineer Qualifications
• Certifications highly desirable: CCNA or JNCPIA. CCNP or JNCIS preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience in data networking and telecommunications, including expert knowledge of TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6), OSPF, BGP, and working “hands on” knowledge of routing and Ethernet switching.
• MPLS Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on experience required
• LTE knowledge is preferred
• Minimum 5 years hands-on experience configuring routers, switches and related network equipment (Cisco CRS, 12K, 10K, 9K/1K, 3900, 3800, 2600 routers, Nexus 7000 switches, 6500 switches, Juniper MX-480, MX-960 routers, EX8200 switches. ATM products including Cisco MGX8850/8950 ATM switch, Nortel Passport ATM switch, Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XR, JUNOS
• Minimum 5 years experience in IP addressing and sub-netting, Ethernet VLANs, PPP, Frame Relay, ATM, PNNI, DS0 through OC-48 circuits, fiber/CAT5 cabling,
• Use of NCM and ISC or other automated configuration tool a plus
• Extensive experience writing detailed Methods Of Procedure (MOPs)
• Experience with network design, configuration and troubleshooting
• Ehealth network performance knowledge
• Firewall/Security experience helpful, including Juniper SRX
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://dallas.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: