||Application Support (SS7, Unix, Linux, Windows)
||$34.00 - $35.00
||Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida, USA
Application Support (SS7, Unix, Linux, Windows)
Contract to Perm
Established in 1977, our client is a leading supplier of systems, software and network services to companies worldwide. They offer more than 50 integrated solutions that enable global communications, messaging and data delivery for the telecom industry and enterprises of all types that seek to profit from mobile technology applications. They offer an excellent work environment, and a very competitive compensation package, including: Annual Incentive Plan, Health Care Coverage (medical and dental), Short & Long Term Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage, Fixed and Matched 401(k) contributions, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
The engineer will be required to install application software releases/updates into production for all assigned applications, working closely with Development, Change management, System Administration, Database Administration, and Product Support in the process.
The engineer will also be required to monitor the production environments for all assigned applications, and if necessary work as part of a cross functional team to resolve any system abends and/or operational issues, following established escalation procedures as required.
Application Support Keys are:
• SS7 Knowledge – needs to know what SS7 is and how to interpret an SS7 trace.
• High Energy – Go Getter Personality, take charge type.
• Experience supporting applications that run on Unix or Linux (Not Looking For A System Admin)
• Experience supporting applications that run on Windows 2003 or 2008 (Not Looking For A System Admin)
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Excellent Communication, Writing & Documentation Skills
• SQL Queries (Able to query database, look at structure and understand what data to extract))
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install new software releases/updates into production for all assigned applications, by working closely with Development, Change management, SYSAdmin, DBAs, and Production support.
• Conduct reviews of application release notes to identify potential problems prior to release of software in the production environment.
• Assist and provide advice to junior engineers ensuring that department best practices are followed.
• Monitor the production environments for all assigned applications, work to resolve system abends, and following established escalation procedures as required.
• TSG Ticket Resolution – 2nd level support.
• Automate application monitoring and alarming.
• Develop, repair and enhance operation’s scripts.
• Develop and implement software tools, documentation and procedures to accurately monitor production applications on a daily basis with early warning indicators.
• Assist in the gathering of metrics to track and the reporting of performance trends for all assigned applications
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://tampa.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview: